- By paying a securing booking deposit or full payment the client is confirming acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All bookings are subject to a minimum deposit of £100.00 per vehicle. If in the event of cancellation this deposit is not returnable.
- You must notify us if any part of your journey is over an unmade road, track or narrow lane with growth protruding into the pathway of vehicles, or through fords or streams as prior assessment of suitability of the vehicle/s may be required, in all cases your chauffeur reserves the right on the day not to take vehicles along any road.
- Contact must be made with us at the latest 2 weeks prior to the Wedding to confirm your Itinerary in full for the hiring; failing to do so may cause the hiring to be cancelled with the full amount still payable.
- If the Hire runs over from an agreed end time there will be a charge of £60 + vat per every 30 minutes or part off.
- The balance outstanding is payable on or before 8 weeks prior to the Wedding date.
- If payment is not made on or before this time period (8 weeks) the car(s) may be deemed to be cancelled with full payment still required.
- If there are any alterations to original booking there will be an administration fee along with any extra costs for the added time, pickup or drop offs to the agreed itinerary.
- Cancellation of the Hiring must be received in writing or by email (which the receipt of, is required to be confirmed by Lord Cars) two calendar months prior to the original Hire date. If it not received by this date then payment will be due in Full.
- Your chauffeur will offer assistance to those wearing flowing gowns and trains when entering and exiting the car, however it remains the ultimate responsibility of the wearer to ensure their clothing avoids contact with all areas that could accrue dirt or grime such as the underside, wheels, tyres etc. It is the Chauffeurs responsibility to open and close the car doors.
- In the event of passenger illness in the car the full cost of a valet and any other time lost will be charged. The driver retains the right to refuse to convey any passenger who in the opinion of the driver appears to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances and whose condition may put the driver, the vehicle or other passengers at risk. The hirer is responsible for any damage to the vehicle and fittings caused by their own or their guest’s actions, or by any professional hired by the hirer. (ie Photographer, doorman etc.,)
- It is the responsibility of the hirer and persons using the vehicles to ensure they collect their luggage and personal items when leaving the car. Lord Cars Ltd does not accept liability for items left in cars or for the responsibility for forwarding on such items.
- Although we will endeavour to meet deadlines we accept no responsibility for the delays, however caused. Every effort will be made to provide alternative transportation in the event of such breakdowns or delay. Although extremely unlikely, it is possible that circumstances beyond our control may prevent us from providing the exact car you requested – should that be necessary we will do all in our power to match it, however in some cases we may have to provide a similar type of vehicle. In the instance of last minute mechanical breakdown, exceptional traffic difficulties, incidents, acts of God or any events beyond our control, we will endeavour to supply another vehicle from our extensive range of vehicles. If in the final instance we cannot provide our service or vehicle for any of the reasons mentioned, then a full refund will be made of your deposit and monies paid.
- Please ask your guests not to use biodegradable confetti as this can damage both the interior and exterior of the cars.
- Smoking is not permitted in our cars.
- Alcohol is not permitted in our cars by law.
- No luggage or large items allowed in the car without express permission of the Chauffeur.
- Only Lord Cars owned photographic equipment is allowed to be used in the interior of the cars. (If a photographer does travel in the car, the camera equipment may be conveyed in the Boot of the car).
- The Company has taken every care to ensure that the descriptions of the events are accurate, however, errors do sometimes occur and occasionally amenities may be modified or withdrawn. The Company accepts no responsibility for any errors or modifications beyond its control.
- The Company reserves the right to use photos and videos from the event in marketing material unless specifically asked not to by the Client.
UK law came into force on 18th September 2006 for the protection of children that makes it compulsory for every child under 12 years of age to sit in a baby seat, a child seat, on a booster seat or on a booster cushion. Unlike taxis, wedding cars are NOT exempt from this new legislation. Regretfully this new law means all wedding car companies must make fundamental changes to the way we provide our service to young persons.
The Drivers are legally responsible for ensuring children under 14 years of age are properly restrained in the car. As part of our terms and conditions, you must advise us when completing the reservation form if any child using our vehicles will be under 14 at the time of travel by giving the actual ages children will be on the travel date.
Our policy on the transportation of children is as follows:
Children under 12 years may only be carried when the correct ‘Child Restraint’ as required by law is used. ‘Child Restraint’ is the collective term in the seat belt legislation for, baby seats, child seats, booster seats and booster cushions. ‘Child Restraints’ can only be used in vehicles that have fitted seatbelts.
This new law regretfully means children up to the age of three requiring Baby Seats and Child Seats can no longer be carried in wedding vehicles that do not have seatbelts fitted. As most Classic and Vintage wedding cars are legally exempt from having seat belts fitted because of their historical age, and as Baby Seats and Child Seats need to be strapped to the seat they are not permitted in these cars. However, the law does allow children of 3 years and above to travel in the back of these Classic & Vintage Cars without using ‘Child Restraints’. Modern Cars are equipped with seatbelts therefore children can be carried in these cars only if the correct ‘Child Restraint’ is used. Parents and/or guardians will be responsible for providing the appropriate type of ‘Child Restraint’ for each child travelling. As the ultimate responsibility for child safety lies with the driver of the wedding car they will be unable to transport any child in a vehicle that has seat belts fitted if the appropriate ‘Child Restraint’ has not been provided. As scuffing and indentation marks can be caused to expensive leather seating, some of our cars may not be available for those requiring ‘Child Restraints’.
We understand this new law means changes may need to be made to travel plans but as a professional company we must adhere to the law and our priority must be for the comfort and safety of all our passengers. We have based the information given above on our understanding of this law, however the following website has full information on this legislation plus pictures of the different types of child restraint which if you are in any doubt we suggest you view. http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/